Google

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Friends will be friends...

A few people meet, a clique forms, and one, invariably, is the unspoken leader. It’s not done outright, or even overtly, but somehow one becomes the backbone.

I have only one really close group, and somehow or another I seem to have become the hub, the one they come to with problems about the others, neighbors or just life in general. This used to put a huge strain on me, but after m recent spiritual growth spurt, it makes me proud and happy that I can handle them without upsetting them.

One is well on her way, and only needs a gentle boot up her ass occasionally. Sometimes her life starts to get to her, and I have to pull her aside and help her pull her head out of her ass (usually with a satisfying *POP!*). Quick, clean, and effective.

Another stands well on his own. Usually my walks with him entail me gaining another perspective on covert happenings of the group. He’s very strong willed, and a good friend, and I trust his judgment. It’s nice that he and I are at angled ends of the spectrum, I tend to have a fiery passion about things and he is earthy and well grounded.

Which brings us to our fourth. She’s the one who seems to need the most maintenance. When she falls, she ends up flat on her face, and it takes me a couple hours to get her composed and pushing in the right direction. Thankfully that doesn’t happen often. Mostly she is just misemotional. I sometimes am leery about saying much to her, for fear it will be taken wrong. She seems easily offended, which upsets me. She can feel like we’re picking on her, but we’re trying to point out one thing or another to her. I, and the others, want so desperately to tell her how proud we are of her, and how much we truly care about her, but we don’t want to precipitate a massive boast session. She has so much potential but she still needs to do the work. I’ve even sensed an urge to leave the group from her, and I don’t know how to tell her how heartbroken we’d be.

Still, I know day by day I’m doing the right thing, helping everyone, giving them tools to better handle their lives. I only hope they use them before it’s too late…

1 Comments:

Blogger Woman~Of~Heart said...

Nice that I can give you that satisfying *POP* once in a while (big loud laugh!) Although, I'm not always sure about the gentle boot. Sometimes it's more like a Kiwi Enema, but hey I can take it!
I really appreciate your guidance, support, and your patience! You are one of the few who demonstrates what is best in people. I'll always love you for it!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home