Google

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Here's Your Sign!

My god what a day. My job sucks. I couldn't sleep, so I got up to make a sandwich. My mind was plagued by the events at work. How could people be so stupid! I work in a printing place inside an office supply place. When you walk up to the counter the first thing you see is a Xerox Doc 12, a 265stm and off to the side are three 545's. Yet, with all this irrefutable evidence that we are, in fact, a copy place, some guy walks up to my counter, seeming to be an educated man by the look of his suit and brief case, and asks me "Do you all make copies here?" I stood for a moment, completely dumbfounded, then found myself about to say "Nope! Xerox just sends us really kick ass paperweights!", but I thought better of it and just said "yeah."

Not to be outdone, my mom calls me up to tell me why I need therapy. She said "Your brain works like a computer, and sometimes you need to defragment your brain." I snicker. "Mom, how does that defragmenting work?"

"During the day all of your memories get out of place, and when you sleep, they get put back where they belong. Sometimes you need help with that, if the day was really traumatic."

At this point I'm completely astounded by my mom's lack of reality. "Ok, first off, that's not how a computer works, and most certainly not how your brain works!" She gets pissy and hangs up.

These are the things occupying my thoughts as I look around absentmindedly while eating my sandwich. My eyes happen upon the window, and, oh my god, there are frogs on lily pads floating by. Have I lost it? Is this the complete nervous breakdown everyone keeps telling me about?! What's in this jelly? Oh, no I know what's going on. This is God getting me back for all of my mean thoughts today. Or, more likely, Attila the Christian (my mom) decided to pray for me to realize that her ill-researched analogy was correct. Yeah, I bet that's it. With that comfort in mind I finished my sandwich and went to bed, now completely exhausted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home